Good Hackintosh candidate?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by slipper, Sep 28, 2010.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

So im not yet convinced on the iPad yet, or any tablet device for that matter, due to its form factor. So my question is do you folks think the new Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 11 will be a good candidate for OSX? All i know is Intel Atom processors are no longer supported by OSX however this uses an Intel i3. I really need a good travel companion and im a bit nervous sometimes traveling with my Macbook Pro.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple does not use i3 processors so I'd say this is not a good candidate.

I recommend you visit insanelymac as the forums there will help in so far as which laptop/chipset will be a good hackintosh candidate.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ask at InsanelyMac.com . They're the hackintosh experts.

But seriously- a thief isn't going to say "Oh forget it... that's a Thinkpad. I'm not stealing that!" If you're "nervous" about traveling with your computer to the point where you are considering buying another one just to take its place, how about just not bringing it?

4. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

I have no question that anything of value would be ripped off in a matter of seconds in a third world country, i would just rather risk the Netbook instead of my main computer the Macbook Pro.

I will definitely consider the iPad in the next revision if some of the rumors come true.

Thanks for the recommendation folks.

5. maviso5 macrumors regular

Just did myself a hackintosh, insanely mac are the place to go, without their help I wouldn't of done it