Good Handwriting-to-Text Conversion App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Traverse, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Hi,

I know there are similar threads on notes apps, but I wanted a current one. I use a two primary notes apps: Pages for lots of text and bullets and Notability for hand made figures to copy into Pages and other notes.

This works good, but I really want a good Handwriting conversion app. In your opinion, what is the best one? These seem to be the main two:

MyScript Memo - As far as I can tell though, it only converts when you send the note, I want live converting.

WritePad - this seems to be popular on Macrumors, but has some bad reviews. Is it worth it?

Thank you for your opinions, I don't want to waste money on a bad app.
    Thanks!

2. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

There is another thread on this, just a few days old, still on the front page... :rolleyes:

Notes Plus has it as an in-app purchase. It doesn't do "live" converting while you are writing though, if that's what you're looking for. After you are done writing, you highlight whichever portion you want to convert, then select "convert to text". Works surprisingly well!

3. jojoba macrumors 68000

4. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

Sorry, I missed that page, no need for rolleyes.

Thank you for this suggestin, I didn't know notes plus did that.

----------

I'll probably check it out, I've been cautious about Wordpress since the Flashback malware....