Good Headphones for iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Mr Slippy IV, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Does anyone know of good headphones that meet the following requirements?

• On-ear or in-ear (no earcups)
    • High-fidelity
    • Reasonable price
    • Draws power from the iPod, not batteries
    • Doesn't drain the iPod's batteries

Any suggestions? I've tried Bose 'phones and they seem to be the best I've seen without making a purchase. Any other known quantities out there?

2. weenerdog macrumors member

Sennheiser cx300 ii's seem to be popular. I have a pair and they are brilliant for the price. Beware of fakes though...

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i would go for the klipsch S4 or the ultimate ears super-fi 5. if you are willing to go higher in price, then please let me know. Also, you migth be better served by visiting head-fi.org.

they know a lot more about audio.

4. Panther71 macrumors regular

If you are looking at Bose, I assume you have a nice budget for headphones. If you are looking for something a bit cheaper, but good, I recommend the Sennheiser PX-100. They run about $50, but have good sound. The other thing about these headphones is that they conveniently fold up into a nice small carrying case.

Sennheiser, Koss, & Grado all make quality headphones that are the same quality or better than Bose, but can be purchased for less money.

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I would suggest klipsch s4 or Skullcandy Ink'd, fairly high quality, not very expensive.

BTW, the klipsch and the ink'd both have symetrical cords (i dont know about you, but i hate asym cords). Plus, all Skullcandy headphones come with a lifetime warranty. (Sweet!)

6. Mr Slippy IV thread starter macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Unfortunately, not really. But hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Oh, then never mind about the Klipsch. I still highly reccomend the Ink'd.

8. asazad macrumors newbie

i recommend the sennheiser PX-100 II

Sennheiser just updated their PX-100 (which i've enjoyed for years) to the PX-100 II. I actually just got them about a week ago and can attest to the fact that they are awesome. Better build quality than the previous version, and they somehow managed to improve the sound quality too. Highly recommended!! :cool:

9. tactician1016 macrumors regular

tactician1016

3 options, all under 40 new on ebay:
    apple in-ear headphones with remote+mic (value of 80 at apple store, i bought a new set for 28) (have not tried yet, as they have not arrived)
    klipsch s2 (seen for 25, value of 50 at klipsch.com) (earphones)
    koss portapro (on ear), (25 on ebay new, I can vouch for them as incredible, far beyond their price range.)

10. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

I'll second that.

11. Moocher macrumors regular

Go to here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/

Read through the portable forum and so some searches. Someone seems to ask similar questions to yours at least a couple times a week. Set your budget and read read read. Look on Amazon for decent prices.

Mooch

12. AlexK5467 macrumors newbie

I'll third the recommend for Ink'd, I love em

13. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Didnt realize there were so many people with the Ink'd headphones.

14. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

ink'd are okay if you want a beater headphones that you can toss around. if you want something decent sounding though, Koss porta pro is the way to go. Great sounding for the money. Also, there is the Sennheiser PX100-II is very good as well. My friend had the ink'd. its build quality is okay but personally, i wouldn't give skullcandy a dime of my money if give evena minor amount of importance to sound quality. way too much bass.(aka it overpowers the other frequencies)

15. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Thats exactly what i like about the Ink'd; the bass. A lifetime warranty too.

16. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I wouldn't go with Skullcandy earbuds, I have had several pairs and they're mostly about the image, not the quality. I have had several pairs of Ink'd earbuds, Chops, and I have also tried the Smokin' Buds. I would go for something more better, the Sennheiser CX300 earbuds are in $20-$30 range which is budget, also Cnet gave the JVC Marshmallow earbuds a good rating and they're only $10-$20. Also perhaps give the Radius Atomic Bass a look, they are cheap too at $40 - $50

17. connorthegeek macrumors newbie

connorthegeek

the jvc jelly earphones are reasonably good. They cost around 6 pounds and use power off the ipod but doesnt drain it at all. Search them on ebay people sell them at that price new