Good headphones with Mic and Volume control for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by luigi408, Sep 24, 2012.

1. luigi408 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I need to purchase good headphones that aren't that expensive ($20-$50) that has the Volume, Mic, and Skip buttons like Apple's headphone. I need to use them for my iPhone please. My original ones for my iPhone broke and I need something better. Thanks!

2. CatsTide macrumors 6502

The new apple buds aren't too bad.I think they're 39 bucks. I'd check into some V-Moda's. I've had those for a while and they are very good. They can be found on ebay for around your price range. If you want to step it up to 100 bucks I would recommend some Klipsch i4s.

3. luigi408 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I have my iPhone 5 headphones and they are ok. They kind of hurt my ears though. I had some V-moda long time ago and they were great but did't have the control and mic like Apple's. I'll check to see if they make some now.

4. CatsTide macrumors 6502

Check out the V-Moda Vibes

5. imazu macrumors regular

6. dyzfnctional macrumors regular

how does the ibeats (beats by dr dre) compare?

7. El Jefe macrumors member

8. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

This is the best quality of headphones I have ever tried. They are in-ear design and have a unique shape that makes it very comfortable and the bass is great. Not too over powering but a good clean balance (a little bit on the bass side though). I also like the fact that they have the buttons to use the mic, volume, play, pause etc. Best best quality head phones for the price. If your trying to find others in this league it will cost you much more.

One Con: I wish the cord was thicker. The flexible portion by the connector can get damaged if your not too careful. (Mine works great but theres a rip in that area)

9. stevedusa macrumors regular

10. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

FYI; keep in mind the law of diminishing marginal returns and your own level of audio knowledge and listening experience and personal preference will help you figure out the "best" headphones.

Also look at some review from audio specific cites

11. luigi408 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'll check all of them out... good starting point.

12. JH4DC5 macrumors member

i just picked up some audio-technica IEM for $75. I love them so far. Sound quality is awesome for the price and it's made to be used with the iphone/ipod/etc. It has the same volume rocker switch as all the apple earbuds, so you can adjust volume, answer calls, advance through playlists, etc.

Attached Files:

13. bbydon macrumors 6502a

Cool! I have some audio technica over ear head phones and love them. Glad you found something good. How do they look outside the package?

14. JH4DC5 macrumors member

they look pretty sweet, but sound even better :D

Attached Files:

15. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Tone-Wirel...&qid=1348627563&sr=8-3&keywords=Headphones+lg
    LG Tone HBS-700 $45.46. Horse shoe shaped, to cradle the neck. Phone controls on left; music volume with skip ahead & back on right. Best of all, folks on the phone can't believe I'm on a Bluetooth headset per super clarity. I wear them on my daily runs, whenever I'm in the car or out & about. If anything happened to them, I'd break a nail hitting the submit button to replace them. THAT's how good they are. More than 1000 reviews, yet still very close to 5 stars.

16. alexdell macrumors newbie

Do you know what is the difference between this and the ATH-CKM500is version? I know the "is" version is also android compatible. Are the controls the same for iPhone use between the two?

17. JH4DC5 macrumors member

i think the "iS" version has a single button remote w/ mic. I'm not sure if there is a knob to adjust the volume.

the "i" version has the same 3 button remote w/ mic as the apple ear buds.

18. alexdell macrumors newbie

Thanks. I think I'll get the "i" version then from the Japanese eBay sellers. How are you liking the bass on these? I'm only half way on reading the 100+ pages in head-fi.org and the only complaint by some is the lack of sub-bass.

19. JH4DC5 macrumors member

haha. i browsed that same thread there too. i'm not much of an audiophile, but i think the bass is adequate for most. The only other IEM i can compare is the apple IEM. Those things have NO bass. lol. so compared to those, the CKM500 has a ton. lol