Good headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mdeanoly, Sep 6, 2009.

1. mdeanoly macrumors newbie

mdeanoly

The right ear in the white headphones that came with my iPod touch isn't working very well, which is quite an annoyance seeing as I listen to music and watch videos every day on my iPod.

Do you have any headphone recommendations? I'd like to spend less then $50 but get a nice pair of headphones, maybe In-Ear, that will last a long time and have good sound.

I'd also like to buy them from Amazon. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If you would give up the in-ear, I'd recommend the Panasonic RP-HTX7s...Sennheiser's CX300 are worth mentioning or finding a pair of e2s

3. mdeanoly thread starter macrumors newbie

mdeanoly

4. Nams42 macrumors newbie

I would try sony

I and several friends use Sony mdr v150 headphones and love them. The only minus is that if you wear them for more than 2 1/2 hours, your ears start to hurt. I take a 15 min break and I'm good for another 2 hours or so. Sound quality is amazing. If you looking for earbuds, go apple in-ear.

5. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I concur I own a pair of CX 400 which sound pretty good and worth the 30 dollars I paid for them though I still prefer my over the ear Sennhaiser PK 100's over my cx 400's ( in ear )

6. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I also second that. The Sennheiser stuff is awesome. You should be able to find something at a good rate on Amazon. I've always felt a bit more comfortable buying Sennheiser headphones/earbuds because of my experience with their pro products in the studio.

7. Golden Master macrumors member

8. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Never gone wrong with Skullcandy, had them for my past 4 iPods to replace the crappy apple ones. They can be found for $15 at Fred Meyer, and have some even higher models for $50, but IMHO, the $15 ones sound GREAT! Excellent value for the $$

9. Moocher macrumors regular

R U serious about better headphones?

If you are, go to www.head-fi.org and do some searching and reading. You can do a lot better than stock and the recommendations in this thread for little money.

These [http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K] for instance, are considered exceptional for their price ($16). So are these for $10-15 [http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0...ords=jvc+marshmallow&x=0&y=0&sprefix=jvc+mar]. If you want to keep portable and can go up to $50, these should knock your socks off: http://www.amazon.com/Grado-i-Headp...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1252521366&sr=1-1.

Mooch