Good high quality headphones with Bass

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LSPINS589, Nov 2, 2010.

1. LSPINS589 macrumors newbie

Im looking to invest in my first pair of really good headphones. I have a $350 budget.

Now im not a hardcore audiophile but i still like my music to be as clear and correct as possible. With that said i listen to hip hop almost exclusively and love loud booming bass.

I know ill get crap for saying this but i actually like the sound of Beats by Dre and i can get the studio model for a little over $200 but those things leak sound like crazy, but as far as iv heard their bass is the strongest.

Anyone have any suggestions of cans with a bit cleaner bass but still very strong??

2. utdbear0812 macrumors newbie

I use the Bose QuietComfort 3s. Best headphones I've ever put on.

3. brownbread macrumors newbie

brownbread

The Beats leak sound because the cups are small. Those Bose QuietComfort 3s are the same. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but if you want to cut down on leak then you need the bigger cups that go all the way over your ear. Bigger cups, in my experience, always sound better anyway. The trade off is they're less portable and feel weighty compared to the smalls.

If you're spending that sort of money, I'd advise going to the shops and trying some out... try and play your own music through them, move around as if you were at home, generally make yourself comfortable. But keep your pants otherwise they'll ask you to leave.

I can't really recommend any specifics... it's so subjective. Choose wisely and enjoy!

4. Ach111es macrumors regular

Nixon Master Blasters are really solid, for about 150

I actually like the Skullcandy Hesh and Ti models, as well as their metal cased buds.

Siege Audio "The Eleven" are also pretty tight.

Granted these ones all look good, and sound about how much they cost with the metal skull buds being the best sound for dollar.

The bass is great on all the Skullcandy models, thats what they do best.

5. toxic macrumors 68000

closed headphones typically have boomier bass, if that helps any (dunno if you were looking at open or closed). I've used the AKG K601, Sennheiser HD555, and now Sennheiser HD595 (all open-air), and none of those have what I would consider "strong" bass...the AKG had the most, though.

and don't buy Bose. you can buy something a lot better for the same money.

6. LSPINS589 thread starter macrumors newbie

definatly not getting the bose.. people give the beats **** for being all about the name on the side but bose are worse in that reguard. they are good cans but not worth the tag

7. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I tried several different models including the Beats and I ended up getting the Bose QuietComfort 15's. They are amazing and I never get tired of wearing them. They fit so well and the sound is great.

I returned the Beats after one day. I will add tho I did really like the Beats in ear and use them a lot also. The in ear Beats (i forget the darn name/model) have nice base sounds.