Good Holster for 3.0 in Speck CandyShell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eebie376, Jun 23, 2009.

1. eebie376 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

My birthday is coming up, and I'm going to be getting an iPhone 3GS. Naturally, I've been researching cases and protection for two days. (I'm the kind of person that will go crazy if I get even the tiniest scratch on the device. I have a baaarreeellly visible period sized surface scratch on my MBP that drives me insane.)

After much deliberation, I decided on the seemingly hideous Speck CandyShell. (I almost went for the Griffin Reveal because it looks so much better, but I'm really more concerned with protection.) I am also going to have Best Buy install an Invisible Shield on the phone. (I would put the Bodyguardz on the front, but bubbles really also drive me insane and I know I wouldn't be able to do it perfectly.)

My question is this: Does anyone know of any good (vertical) belt clip holsters that will hold on to my 3GS while it is in a Speck CandyShell? I realize most holsters are designed to hold a naked iPhone, but I hate carrying my phone in my pocket and have always carried it on a case on my belt.

Thanks a lot!

2. eebie376 thread starter macrumors newbie

Speck Holster

I know Speck makes an iPhone holster, but I doubt it is designed to hold the phone with a Candy Shell installed. Anyone?

3. V4705 macrumors 6502

i don't like using plastic holsters with the candyshell, its material scratches pretty fast so i'm using only leather or like-leather pouches.
    i know any branded pouch that fits thick cases but you can get bunch of regular\generic pouches from mall stores.

i got this one
    but i looked only for horizontal one, i'm sure you can find something like this for vertical use.

btw, if you still looking for plastic holster, i think the visionclip2 would be good, the rebel and the candyshell isn't so different.

4. eebie376 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I definitely would prefer a non-plastic belt holster -- that one you have looks pretty nice. So you had luck just finding a generic holster that worked? Is it tough to get in and out with the Candy Shell? It looks pretty cozy in there.

5. julip macrumors member

I like the leather Marware CEO Sleeve. I've used mine for almost a year and still love it. My husband recently borrowed it for his 3Gs and I won't be getting it back lol. So, it was a great opportunity to get a white leather one for myself, which wasn't available last year. I use it with a Switcheasy Capsule Rebel with no problem. It has elastic sides, which allows it to stretch to accommodate just about any case I've tried. Hope that helps!

http://tinyurl.com/59acxm

6. eebie376 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oooooh, I really dig that one. That looks like the one (in white). Thanks a lot!

7. julip macrumors member

I just received my white CEO holster this morning - it is beautiful! Love it. Ordered late morning Monday, and received it today, so very fast shipping.

I also saw Vaja has a similar case called the classic leather pocket, which you can custom order in a variety of colors. It is more expensive at $80 and there is the build time, but their cases are so nice as well. I had an ivolution top sp for my 1st gen iphone as well as a similar one for my Blackberry before it. I haven't read any reviews on the classic leather pocket so I don't know if the elastic is as stretchy as on the Marware CEO, but that is another option.

http://www.vajachoice.com/index1.html

The site is flash so I can't give a direct link, but just click on the limited edition photo after clicking to enter the site, and you will be directed to the iphone cases.

Edit: oops, never mind. It doesn't look like it offers a clip option.

8. V4705 macrumors 6502

wow, the vanilla sleeve should look awesome with the white candyshell...

are you sure it will fit the candyshell? (i'm outside US so i can't return it if its not :().

thanks!

edit: btw, because you already got it, do you think this color is ok for a guy ? =]

9. julip macrumors member

I haven't tried the Candyshell, but I have used the black CEO and now the white one with a Switcheasy Capsule Rebel. From what I've read, the Switcheasy is at least as much 'bulk', if not more, than the Candyshell. So, I think it would work great! The elastic sides are very forgiving, and my black one has been in heavy use for almost a year without any issues with the elastic. The case still looks terrific and nicely broken in for my husband's 3Gs.

As for if a white one would be ok for a guy - I think if you like it, go for it! I don't think it looks particularly feminine - I think it is very much a personal preference. The clip itself is black. I will say that one of my friend's husbands has both a white and black, and he is very manly. :D

10. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Any updates on how this worked? I just ordered a Candyshell and would love to have a holster for it!

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have both a Candyshell and a Rebel Serpent and the Candyshell is definitely more bulkier than the Serpent.

When I purchased my Rebel Serpent from Wirelessrage.com, they included a side (horizontal) case along with the Serpent. It fits not only the Serpent but also the Candyshell. You can get the case separately for 9.95 Here

12. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Thanks, JN ... I was actually hoping to find a vertical one. I called Candyshell today about their Switchway to see if the Candyshell would fit inside, but believe it or not, they had no idea! They told me to buy it and see. :rolleyes:

13. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

the marware ceo sleeve and premier work fine with most cases, like the size of the candycrap and sliders

14. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Got the Marware CEO Sleeve, and it fits great.

15. lonnielove macrumors regular

I use this one, as well as my otterbox. and it fits perfect.

Attached Files:

16. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

A naked iphone fits well in the Marware CEO. I cannot imagine a
    Candyshell-covered phone fits, unles it is very tight.

I use Naxtech Boa cases for covered iPhones. Very thin covers will allow me to use my Seidio holster.

Attached Files:

• Boa.jpg
      Boa.jpg
      File size:
      146.3 KB
      Views: