good I4 hardcases that work well with a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gnychis, Aug 3, 2010.

1. gnychis macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any hardshell iPhone 4 hardcases that work well with a screen protector on them? I own a iFrogz Luxe right now but it really caused the BSE screen protector to bubble up around the corners because it is too tight.

2. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

This one is not a name brand but I love it and all of my friends with i4's have asked where I got it. I have a Power Support set on the front and back and a Lucky Labs decal wrap and the case fits perfect with all of these on. Zero bubbling mainly because it isn't a slider case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300443948744&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

you can get it cheaper if you just search around but for me that is a US seller and only took 3 days to get to me as opposed to 18-31 days for the ones direct from Hong Kong.

3. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks a bunch for the link! that is basically something what I'm looking for.. something i can put something protective on the front and back and something hard to fit it. I really appreciate the link. I will get one and see how it goes :)

4. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

Here is a pic of mine with the PS anti glare screen protector the other sutff is on there too... you just cant see it.
    [​IMG]

5. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

So I ordered from that seller you linked me to, and it seems like it's a different case just from the looks of it. But the one I got was very flimsy and almost seems like if I dropped the phone, the case would do nothing. It also is not stable on the phone, it pops off very easily.

Here's what I got:
    [​IMG]

See how it doesn't sit flush and it's very thin? It looks different from yours. Is this the same seller you got yours from? :)

6. threezero macrumors 6502

That's te chance u take when u order cheap cases from Asian the reason why thy are so cheap is not only because they use inferior material, they also tend to skimp on qc. Just because some1 else got a perfect case from the same seller doesn't mean u will. U should email the seller though. Most will sent u replacements since they are so heap to produce to begin with.

7. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Speck Candy Shell.

It's the best hard case to use with a screen shield since it's one piece and the lip doesn't extend all the way over the front lip of the screen.

8. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm actually when this case is on the I4 it's pretty darn well on there. I had to put some significant effort to get it off. But it seems tight as if it wouldn't fit a front or rear protector very easily... let me know if this is the same exact case you have or not!

9. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

So far from all the cases i have tested out the Speck Candyshell works with all screen shields i have tried so far its best case to use with screen shields

10. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

so i emailed the seller and he sent me the same case you got at no extra charge! very good seller to buy from.

I got it in the mail today, and it does fit nicely of a full skin. The plastic is a bit thin, I imagine if I dropped it and the corner took the impact that nothing would happen to the phone. If it fell face down or back down, I feel as though one side might crack. Just speculation in comparison to my iFrogz Luxe.

11. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

I finally put this case on my phone which has a full BSE on it, and i love it! It was a tight fit, but it fit perfectly. The case is not overly thick, but it seems like it'll give it pretty good protection. I'm happy :)

12. tuzii macrumors member

id love a case that fits perfectly in the apple iP4 dock.