Good icon for bootcamp partition?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sunfast, Nov 9, 2007.

1. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Sorry if this is a daft question but didn't have a lot of luck searching for this.

Does anybody have a decent icon for their bootcamp partition? I'd like something different to the standard HDD icon for it but having trouble finding one!

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I don't know if you can change the icon if its NTFS.

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Volume icons are supported with HFS or HFS+ drives only.

Basically, it needs to support resource forks.

4. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

5. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

to change windows drive icon if its ntfs in leopard is really simple... stick in a usb stick in mac os x, and paste the icon you want your windows drive to be on the usb stick (copy your desired icon, get info on usb stick, select current icon in top left so its highlighted, paste icon)... then boot into windows, open the usb drive and set folder to show hidden files (tools > folder options > select view tab > select show hidden files and folders)... then drag .VolumeIcon.icns and ._ file into your c:/ .. then hide hidden files and folders in windows again then reboot into mac os x and see the nice new icon... (note this does not change the icon on the boot loader screen, if anyone knows how to do this let me know) i attached pictures of my icons on my mbp

Attached Files:

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

My suggestion was for the Mac way of copying/pasting icon views in the Finder... but that's an interesting way to get around the resource fork issue.