Good internal HD for a Mac Pro Laptop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Soura2112, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I need more room for my mac pro Laptop and I am not sure what brand to go with. I do know I want 320GB or more at 7200 RPM's. My local Frys has Western Digital and Toshiba. They have the specs, though waiting for a sale if I get one of those. For those who have done this which drive do you prefer? I am not sure about Toshiba I like Western Digital, but I am used to 3.5 SATA drives not 2.5, so that part is new to me.
    Thanks for any input on models.

2. koobcam321 macrumors newbie

We have had few discussions earlier on HD topic for MBP. If you want a 500 gb 7200 rpm drive, you are left with only one option, Seagate Momentus. But reviews are hard on it not being a performer it should be.

Other 500 gb is from the house of Western Digital - Scorpio Blue, but 5400 rpm. Right now it has the best feedback than Seagate and other counterparts. Being vibration silent, low power consuming and good performance, it is one good drive to go for. (No wonder i ordered this one after getting to know the feedbacks from the net).

320 gbs, i remember reading articles, WD again faring better with 7200 rpms. but did not go thru well on this size to suggest, cos i was looking for only 500 gb drive.

Please search for HD discussions in the forums, you will receive many valuable inputs.

Good luck!

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

MacBook Pro. It's there for a reason. ;)

Seagate seems to have just created a 640GB 2.5" drive, so if you want more than 500GB, look for that soon.