Good iOS apps for DSLR Photographer ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mjoshi123, Sep 30, 2010.

1. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

What are good apps for DSLR Photographers on iOS ? I dont own iPhone and not planning to one in near future but are there any good apps that are worth looking into App Store for DSLR photography ?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This is a meaningless question. What do you need the app to do? It's like asking "What's a good book for reading?"

3. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Viewfinder is one I use the most. PhotoBuddy gets used a lot also. I have tons of apps but those are the two I use the most.

4. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Perhaps the most useful is The Photographer's Ephemeris. Super app. I also really like DoF. It calculates depth of field and hyperfocal distances, the latter being particularly useful in the field. It has a great interface with little scroll wheels for making quick changes. Great little app.

5. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Ephemeris is good.

I dont have a iphone, but I do have a droid.

I use "Golden Photo" almost every day when scheduling shoots. It is an app that lets you plug in a date and find out sunset time, golden hour, sun rise, and morning golden hour. VERY helpful.

6. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

Photogene is pretty nice for some quick PP work while out shooting if you have the camera connection kit