Good iphone 5 case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Colev1, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Colev1 macrumors member

I am looking for a good case that is protective yet not too bulky. I thought about lifeproof fre but read some bad reviews about the screen protectors. Does anybody know of a good case or if lifeproof has fixed the issue with touch screen sensitivity?

2. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Not trying to be difficult, but if you will do a search there are tons of threads with those questions answered.

3. CLD0421 macrumors newbie

CLD0421

Although waterproof, not a good screen protecting case.

I'm guessing you're looking into something thats pretty protective since you're looking at lifeproof cases and looking into spending that kinda dough?

Lifeproof is great in the hands and a lot thinner, as well as water proof. Now, as far as screen protection with life proof. Not so much. There isn't really ANY protection as far as dropping unless its on a corner. I've never had any issues with the touch sensitivity that you're talking about. I did purchase this case in January though and not sure if thats something that was changed. If you're looking for great protection for the phone in general as well as FANTASTIC hassle free customer service I'd go with the otterbox defender case. I use the defender for work since I'm all over the place and up and down quite a bit. I need something that was going to protect against dropping which is what I seem to do most. The downside to that is bulkiness.

Good luck!

4. Hankcah macrumors regular

What about getting a wood back or a leather back like Dodocase sells. And then use a screen protector on the front. Will prevent from scratches, and just don't drop it.

5. Colev1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input I think I'll end up going with lifeproof but I am very picky with the screen sensitivity. I had a defender and I didn't like the screen protector AT ALL it seemed that I had to hit the screen really hard to get a response which made typing and scrolling seem like an inconvenience. I cut the screen protector out of it and that fixed my sensitivity problem but now dust got in all over so I took the defender off completely (only to find out it had scratched my phone on the inside) now I have a 20 case on my phone until I decide on a high quality one so I am looking at lifeproof but I'm worried I won't like it