Good iPhone earphones that aren't the apple ones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Oct 8, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I already have a lot of headphones but I want one that has the mic, pause play and volume keys on it. Good for winter.

Any sennheiser or good quality ones?

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

What sort of budget do you have?

I have just bought the sennheiser ie8 but they are pretty expensive!!

Here is the new ones with control buttons!!

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headsets_mobile_music_504173

Honestly they are some of the best headphones i have ever heard.

Review here...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-ie-8-in-ear-headphones

3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I'm using Scosche IDR350m headphones and at $50 they're more affordable if you don't want to spend a lot. I'm no headphone expert but for the price, the sound quality is good and it's held up through a New England winter (I tend to go through headphones rather quickly since they invariably break for one reason or another, but these haven't yet).

http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/320/productID/1920

4. jallenclark macrumors regular

5. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Scosche's have good sound quality at great pricing!! yet some idiot at the company decided to twist & tangle the headphones in the sealed packaging before shipping them to retailers or Apple's stores and I've used mine for just over a month straightening them EVERYDAY and STILL their twisted.

personally I'm going for either the new Jaybird 2 series or the newly announced Logitech headphones - both having ribbon cords supposedly better than monster dre headphones.

Ultimate Ears 500vi: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/speakers-audio/earphones/devices/7331
    or

6. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

7. OC513 macrumors 6502

+1....I have and love them. I put comply foam tips on them so they are even more comfortable and sound even better.

8. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

I invested in those foam tips, too, and am happy with them. I have that kind of ear canal that refuses to hold any of the usual earphone tips for long, or tolerate the ones that do stay in, and these foam things are the answer to a prayer. Well worth the $15 for comfort, retention in-ear, and blocking of outside noise. The only thing that causes a little angst is how long one set will hold up, but I'll just have to see.

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you're budget oriented and don't feel like spending $80-$100+ for a set of in-ear headphones, might wanna look at SkullCandy. You can go to your mall and get a decent pair for around $15-$30 bucks. I use the Titans/FMJ's. They're ok but nowhere near the quality of a Sennheiser or Bose In-Ear headphone.

10. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Another cheaper alternative are the ZaggBuds.

They have a microphone and volume control. They list at 50 bucks but if you look around for a Zagg discount code you can snag them for 25. They also have a lifetime warranty.

11. kappaz macrumors member

12. iMarcos macrumors newbie

iMarcos

My favorite are the Klipsch Image S4i: great sound quality, apple 3-button remote, and a price that's not prohibitive (< $100).

If you want pure sound quality without compromise on the budget, I'd go for the Shure SE535.

13. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Etymotic HF2, or HF3 (i think the HF3 are the new Hf2s?)

Clarity at its best. But don't expect thumping bass...

14. chanerz macrumors 6502a

15. applechips macrumors newbie

Yes, I second the Bose, both the In-ear for excellent sound and portability, and the On-ear for deep rich range;)

16. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Guys who have the Bose they just are not that great. Seriously the zagg z buds are better than them and less money. The Bose don't have great bass it extends into the mids and is pretty muddy. Plus I had two pairs in two months, both breaking and being refunded. I had to pay a hefty price to finally get some amazing iems. Seriously you will find it hard to get a better in ear headphone than the sennheiser ie8 I kid you not!

17. OC513 macrumors 6502

I get about 6 months out of my comply tips....using them 5 days a week.....but I take good care of them......when not in my ears they go right back in the case. eventually they start to just fall apart......so on to the next....well worth it to me as they are just so comfortable.

18. bigbom macrumors newbie

just purchased the soundmagic mp21 - will advise when i receieve them. meant to be pretty good from what ive read. cost about $25

19. r2fa3l macrumors regular

20. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Does anybody know of any BT headphones with the remote functions?

21. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Ignore my last post, i bought the JayBirds SB2. They are fantastic. Worked out of the box and have freed me from the wire! Really recommend them.

22. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

The B+W P5 headphones are fantastic if you've got the cash for them.

Ignore the reviews at Head-Fi. They missed the point. They tested them at home, but they have been acoustically and sonically tailored specifically for use with iPhones and iPods, and in an on-the-go environent.

They tested them with a home hi-fi, sitting in a quiet listening environment and said, "Meh."

With an iPhone out in the streets, these are fantastic.

And oh yeah, the lambskin-covered pads do keep your ears warm in cold weather.

[​IMG]