Good IPS/PVA Monitor under $300

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rimmi2002, May 17, 2011.

1. rimmi2002 macrumors member

Hi I am looking for a good monitor under $300 for my macbookpro and is easy on the eyes. Mostly for surfing, computer work/reading and light gaming. Any advise on which would be best. I'm looking at the three below. If people have other recommentations that would be great too. Thanks.

1. Samsung 2333T (PVA panel) - $150 at Microcenter
    2. LG IPS 236V-PN (E-IPS panel) - $250 at Microcenter
    3.Dell U2311H (E-IPS panel) - $250 at Dell

2. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

I'd check out the HP ZR22 as well. It's in the $250-300 range. IMO it's greater than the Dell. Don't go for the Samsung or LG you have listed. They are even worse in quality.

3. strwrsfrk macrumors regular

Dell Monitors are Great

I've owned 3 Dell monitors (24" UltraSharp, 24" consumer, 21.5" professional), and I have always been satisfied with them. In addition, two of those were refurbished. Here is a link to a 24" LED-backlit professional panel: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/popupproductdetail.aspx?sku=320-9327&?

It is currently $199 refurbished (http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...d=222806&c=us&cs=22&l=en&MODEL_DESC=ALL&s=dfh). The professional line monitors have a minimalist beauty I love, plus height-adjustment, usb hubs, and easy rotation. The only thing about this line is the viewing angle from underneath is atrocious (which is only really noticeable if you are viewing it from the left in portrait mode).

I cannot speak for the other monitors, but this is a fantastic price for this monitor.

4. rimmi2002 thread starter macrumors member

Seems like the Dell panel U2311H is the best to go for in this price range. I'll take a look at HP ZR22 as well.

I guess there is nothing in thris price range that is IPS and 1920x1200. I know its asking for alot.\

Also seems like the U2311H came out in June 2010 or so....anyone know if the new model is set to come out soon...? Might be worth the wait then I guess. I'm in no hurry.

5. CoryBoyUSA macrumors member

I definitely recommend the U2311H. I bought it as soon as it came out last year and still love it. I calibrated mine with a Spyder 3 Pro and it's great. The price right now is excellent, as well.