Good ISO recording software for dual HDMI card?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by l.a.rossmann, Aug 27, 2014.

1. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

I'd like to use a mac tower to capture two HDMI inputs to two separate files simutaneously.

My goal is for these two files to start at the exact same time so I can load them both up into video editing software after transcoding them to something workable, and edit. I don't want to have to have two programs running, or two instances of one program, or some funny nonsense where I have to line things up to capture two inputs.

I am happy to pay a fair fee for it, I'm not looking for freeware. I've looked at Blackmagic's solutions but their software that comes with the card only records one input at a time. :(

In a professional environment, I undersand that you have to have timecode to do something like this, but I am trying to record an overall-view camcorder alongside a microscope camera, and it was like pulling teeth just to find a good HDMI microscope camera(most are USB), finding one that supports timecode is just asking too much. I don't mind if it isn't synced to the microsecond, so long as I am not running two instances of a program and running the mouse from one to the other to hit record on both, I am happy.

I have found software that does exactly what I want but it is Windows 7 only. I'd really like to avoid using Windows 7. :(

2. l.a.rossmann thread starter macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Ok, looks like Windows 7 it is. That just makes me sad. :(

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

I have a lot experience with streaming university level classes with multiple cameras, capturing data live, and editing classroom data. I have also developed a prototype of this concept for USAF to do something similar. However, this was years ago.

To over come your problem, because we had multiple video feed we put in a manual switch and the professor was the "director". So, if he wanted to show the overhead projector with hand written notes, his face, or the computer screen; he would handle this. That allowed us to capture all captures through a single input and broadcast in real time. Another reason why did this, study shows that looking at the professor face helped learning.

The AF solution involved the professor head in the corner with synced footage of the computer screen, but that required a lot of work to sync it.

I am not sure of your end goal, so I don't know if this will help.

4. l.a.rossmann thread starter macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

They have many solutions but provided no help re: recording two simultaneous, separate video streams. They have a card that can do it, the decklink duo(only in SDI though), but offered nothing in the way of software to get it done. Their own software only supports recording one stream at a time, not two, eve nthough the card can record two simultaneous inputs.