Carrier Good Job Verizon, good job.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, Sep 12, 2014.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I decided I wanted to switch from my Edge plan to a 2 year agreement on my plan.

I wanted to make sure I'd be able to do it online so I did a mock upgrade with the 5S, only to find out they wanted to charge me full price. I figured something was up, so I did a mock edge upgrade, only to find my account locked for upgrading because my MEID didn't match the one on my agreement (my device had been replaced with Asurion and they gave me this awful S4 instead of a Moto X, unless I wanted to wait a month to get a functioning phone). Phone support told me my only option was to go into the store to have them fix it there.

So I get to the store today, and everything *seems* to be going fine. I had him my card to do the device buyout, but for some reason after that, it seemed to be taking a LONG time to process. After 10 minutes, I learn that for some reason, his system paid the device buyout price for MY MOM'S PLAN.

Here I am still on Edge without my 6 preordered. He said it should be fixed today with the latest being tomorrow.

Not only did they do the wrong line, I was also charged $100 more.

Hoping this gets fixed soon. I better get a credit back for the money I didn't mean to spend. I hope I can still get the iPhone on launch day.

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Sorry about your luck (sounds like mine sometime), but i have to say that my only exp with Asurion was also a poor one

3. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

I've always had pleasant experiences with Verizon so this is odd for me. I'm mad but not at the store employee, but at Verizon. The employee was really nice and sympathetic about everything at least.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Well that is good, also have had good exp with Verizon folks

5. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Dude, get your insurance from SquareTrade, its cheaper and much better than dumb Asurion, and no monthly fee.

I have them on a few things and they are good. Not great, but no one is, but they are good coverage.