Good lockscreen tweaks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RolandNights, May 27, 2012.

1. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Sorry if this has been done before, but I haven't been able to find any threads dedicated to lockscreen functionalities and tweaks.

Aesthetic tweaks are welcome, but I'm looking for tweaks that can improve the functionality of the lockscreen. I know there's Reveal, which expands notifications. I've also seen iUnlock, LockSliderz, and IntelliscreenX. What are some other good ones?

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

LockInfo is fantastic. It's 95% of the reason I jailbreak to begin with.

3. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

+1. One of my favorite LS apps as well. Sparrow support is now included in the beta version and other improvements/additions are always being worked on.

Also unlike InteliScreen X, it doesn't have an effect on the iPhone battery.

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

This!I've bought both LS and ISX and used both. LS is by FAR my favorite. Slider Enhancer is a nice thing so I can see what wifi network I am on at a glance.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Another LockInfo user here as well. Definite must have.

6. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you guys like about it? For example, what are some of things you guys have set up to make your lock screen more functional?

I just installed the free trial. I'm still getting some of the Apple notifications (the slide to unlock ones) in my lockscreen, whereas I want them to show up just in the notification window in Infoshade. How do I have that set up?

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I was getting those stock lockscreen slide to unlock notifications with the TamStream app. The only thing I had to do was go into Settings>Lockinfo>Lockscreen and then scroll to the bottom and turn on the Alert Popup feauture. Then just double check to make sure all your notifications are set up correctly. After doing this, all your notifications will fall under the correct sections in Lockinfo. Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.

8. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

This works well, but when you click on the message it opens bitesms and its a full page. Is there a way to click on it and open QR instead?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yes of course! Go into Lockinfo and go to plugins, then go to messages. Inside there (I think) you'll find settings for which program you want to use for messages. Choose bitesms.

Plus go into bite's settings and make sure everything is correctly set up for quick replies. Once you get the settings set up correctly in both apps you'll be smooth sailing. I have mine set up so when I slide down notification center, and tap on a text message, the bitesms quick reply window pops up. I also have mine set up so that if I don't respond, the message remains as unread just so I won't forget about it.

10. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

You just made my day. Thanks so much!

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

12. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Love LockInfo. One of the best apps from Cydia.

I like IntelliscreenX, too, but it is so limited in what you can customize. LockInfo has a toggle for just about everything and I love the ability to download plugins for other apps (2Do, PocketInformant, etc).

LockInfo's developer is way more responsive, too. He updates constantly... IntelliscreenX isn't as reliable in that department.

13. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Forecast is a neat little tweak, although LockInfo has a plugin that does the exact same thing.

14. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any good plugins for LockInfo aside from the native ones?