Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
California
Sorry if this has been done before, but I haven't been able to find any threads dedicated to lockscreen functionalities and tweaks.

Aesthetic tweaks are welcome, but I'm looking for tweaks that can improve the functionality of the lockscreen. I know there's Reveal, which expands notifications. I've also seen iUnlock, LockSliderz, and IntelliscreenX. What are some other good ones?

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
LockInfo is fantastic. It's 95% of the reason I jailbreak to begin with.

+1. One of my favorite LS apps as well. Sparrow support is now included in the beta version and other improvements/additions are always being worked on.

Also unlike InteliScreen X, it doesn't have an effect on the iPhone battery.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
LockInfo is fantastic. It's 95% of the reason I jailbreak to begin with.

This!I've bought both LS and ISX and used both. LS is by FAR my favorite. Slider Enhancer is a nice thing so I can see what wifi network I am on at a glance.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
California
What do you guys like about it? For example, what are some of things you guys have set up to make your lock screen more functional?

I just installed the free trial. I'm still getting some of the Apple notifications (the slide to unlock ones) in my lockscreen, whereas I want them to show up just in the notification window in Infoshade. How do I have that set up?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
What do you guys like about it? For example, what are some of things you guys have set up to make your lock screen more functional?

I just installed the free trial. I'm still getting some of the Apple notifications (the slide to unlock ones) in my lockscreen, whereas I want them to show up just in the notification window in Infoshade. How do I have that set up?

I was getting those stock lockscreen slide to unlock notifications with the TamStream app. The only thing I had to do was go into Settings>Lockinfo>Lockscreen and then scroll to the bottom and turn on the Alert Popup feauture. Then just double check to make sure all your notifications are set up correctly. After doing this, all your notifications will fall under the correct sections in Lockinfo. Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
I was getting those stock lockscreen slide to unlock notifications with the TamStream app. The only thing I had to do was go into Settings>Lockinfo>Lockscreen and then scroll to the bottom and turn on the Alert Popup feauture. Then just double check to make sure all your notifications are set up correctly. After doing this, all your notifications will fall under the correct sections in Lockinfo. Good luck and let me know if you need any more help.

This works well, but when you click on the message it opens bitesms and its a full page. Is there a way to click on it and open QR instead?

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Yes of course! Go into Lockinfo and go to plugins, then go to messages. Inside there (I think) you'll find settings for which program you want to use for messages. Choose bitesms.

Plus go into bite's settings and make sure everything is correctly set up for quick replies. Once you get the settings set up correctly in both apps you'll be smooth sailing. I have mine set up so when I slide down notification center, and tap on a text message, the bitesms quick reply window pops up. I also have mine set up so that if I don't respond, the message remains as unread just so I won't forget about it.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
Yes of course! Go into Lockinfo and go to plugins, then go to messages. Inside there (I think) you'll find settings for which program you want to use for messages. Choose bitesms.

Plus go into bite's settings and make sure everything is correctly set up for quick replies. Once you get the settings set up correctly in both apps you'll be smooth sailing. I have mine set up so when I slide down notification center, and tap on a text message, the bitesms quick reply window pops up. I also have mine set up so that if I don't respond, the message remains as unread just so I won't forget about it.

You just made my day. Thanks so much!

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Love LockInfo. One of the best apps from Cydia.

I like IntelliscreenX, too, but it is so limited in what you can customize. LockInfo has a toggle for just about everything and I love the ability to download plugins for other apps (2Do, PocketInformant, etc).

LockInfo's developer is way more responsive, too. He updates constantly... IntelliscreenX isn't as reliable in that department.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Forecast is a neat little tweak, although LockInfo has a plugin that does the exact same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.