Good luck UK students - GCSE

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Students in the UK receive their GCSE results in 10 hours. Its 1am, and we can start collecting them at 11am in London.

Good luck to all of you, and i hope you get the grades you need and deserve.
I'll post my results when i get them.

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
They don't have any Macs in my school. Actually, they have a few G3's in the Media rooms, but they don't work that well. My school is in London.
Mine too...I use my own Macbook to take notes (I'm one of those bastards that get extra time)

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
it seems like it would be easier to take notes with paper and pencil.

I don't take the GCSE's since I live in the US, but good luck to all that are taking it.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
Well at least you bought your laptop.

Now that I work at the school in the summer I hear all the gossip. Apparently some Special Education Student's parents sued the school so that their "special" kid could have a laptop, a usb flash drive, and not 1, not 2, but THREE printers for only him to use. I don't know what the judge was smoking or if the school just gave in before it went to court but the parents won the case.

I'm not saying or thinking you're sped but I just felt like telling that story.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Maths - C
Religous Studies - C
English A tear - C
English Literature A tear - C
ICT GNCQ- Pass - C C C C < GNVQ is 4 grades in college.
Science Double Award - D
D&T - F
Sociology - D
Geography - E

Extra Exams Taken

Adult Literature - Level 2 - Passed B
Adult Numberacy - Level 2 - Passed B

Overal GCSE for Extra Exams - 1 GCSE grade at B

Overal, the grades i got that are worth something are 8 C's and 1 B.

Considering i thought i was going to fail everything, i done ok.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Ohh Time to laugh @ people with exams :D I finished mine last month and I'm on holiday for about another week. I did OK, I never achieved my target but yeah. I got 82 but wanted 85 :( Stupid accounting. I dislike that subject.

anyways, GOOD LUCK GUYS (and girls)!!!

EDIT: Oh, you guys have already done your exams :p Well good luck for the results anywasy

r1ch4rd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2005
Manchester UK
Because of the modular structure of A levels (and the fact that you can resit as often as you like) they are actually much easier than you would expect. Thats not to say they're still not a challenge though.