Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undead98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
I'm debating on picking up an iMac G5. I've been going back and forth for awhile and am real close to pushing the button on a 24" iMac. I was just curious if there are any great books to pick up to go along with the experience?

At work, I have a Mac Mini in my office, but use it for nothing more than Safari compatibility testing for our products and the occassional upgrade.

Thanks for all your help!

AutumnSkyline

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
I'm debating on picking up an iMac G5. I've been going back and forth for awhile and am real close to pushing the button on a 24" iMac. I was just curious if there are any great books to pick up to go along with the experience?

At work, I have a Mac Mini in my office, but use it for nothing more than Safari compatibility testing for our products and the occassional upgrade.

Thanks for all your help!

well, you really don't need a book, I mean, you had more background than me when I started out with my iMac, you shouldn't have any problem navigating, if you need to do more involved things(iLife apps, or even pro apps like Final Cut), you can always use the help option and read the .pdf about the app, or even ask us here at macrumors. From first hand experience, i can tell you the app help is a godsend, and you can normally find what you are looking for right away. If you insist on having the extra help if needed always beside you, http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Tiger-Missing-Manual/dp/0596009410/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-7724683-6308958?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175862575&sr=8-3
This has a very good rating and sounds like it would be a fine addition to next to that blindingly bright 24" screen smiling at you when you awaken it from sleep : ).

Edit: DARN YOU NETDOG!!! haha, you beat me to it : p

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Mac OS X: The Missing Manual by David Pogue
+1

Even though I'm very savvy with computers, I wanted to pick something up to really get me as familiar as I could with the new OS. This book is great! It was invaluable in my move from the PC world to the Mac world.

Undead98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Thanks for the help. Yeah, I'm a technical person, but I enjoy a good read to point out the little things I can benefit from. I'm not sure if its the shock of "wow, look at all the new toys" or what. I know most of my answers are online and on forums for the most part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.