good macbook sock

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by actorkid, Jul 29, 2008.

1. actorkid macrumors 6502

well i've searched these forums as well as other forums and did a google search.....

does anyone know of any companies that make a SIMPLE macbook sock (somewhat like iPod socks)? I'm looking for protection from scratches and such since i put my macbook in my backpack for school.

the incase neoprene one on the apple site is just ugly as sin and looks cheap as hell

if anyone could help me out with this it would be a life saver!!!!!!!

Thanks!

2. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

I think the Apple Sacs look the best so far. They're good quality and attractive and I plan to buy one when I get my MacBook.

Those foof ones look good as well, but Apple Sac has a velcro latch thing and I believe more cushioning.

I agree with you. Neoprene is not attractive :(

3. actorkid thread starter macrumors 6502

for any that are interested, i did some more research on this today and came across radtech sleevz

http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx

about 1 mm thick and perfectly fits whatever type of macbook you have like a glove (come in customized sizes for each macbook)

not only does it supposedly protect from scratches (which is all i want the thing to do, I dont want a case for impact protection), but the sleeve is made of microfiber cloth, so it can also clean your fingerprint-y macbook!

Long story short, I ordered it since it seemed to be the closest to what i want. (apple sac and foof were cool but wayyyy too detailed for what i wanted....I didn't need pseudo-wool protecting my macbook, nor do I need any funky patterns. I like simplicity.)

I also ordered a separate keyboard cover made of the same material

and its all in black to match my blackbook!

I'll receive it in about two days....I'll post my review when it comes

I hope it turns out to be as perfect as I hope!