Good meta tag editor

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Tech198, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all...

I'm looking for a good meta-tag editor for use with video files. Would iDentify would with Mavericks ? or that other one, MetaX i think its called.

I don't mind embedding media info into the file, but i didn't create these video files, and unfortunately when adding to itunes, it picks these up. While you can edit the Meta data info in the Name *afterwards*, it would be better to be it in the file, since its a pain in the butt editing heaps of them afterwards in iTunes every time I add files.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

iDentify or iFlicks 2 will do the job for you. I use iFlicks 2 and it does a good job of adding metadata to my videos.

iFlicks is more of an all-in-one solution, designed to recode your files to be compatible with whatever iOS devices you’re planning to use, adding meta-data in the process. iDentify on the other hand just does (and focuses on) the metadata bit. If you’ve got a large video library that might-or-might-not be compatible with whatever iOS devices you’re using, iFlicks is a good simple solution to get all your videos encoded and tagged at the same time. If you just need the metadata, iDentify’s worth a look.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I've had good luck with Subler, but it took a bit of playing around to figure it out.