Good mile tracker for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ScottJBelanger, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ScottJBelanger macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2012
    I am 16 and just got a car. My dad wants me to track miles that I do for personal reasons so I can pay him back for gas. I could just write down the mileage before and after every trip but I feel like it could be easier. I am looking for a good app that will use location to track how far I drive. I want to be able to get in the car and activate the app, and when I come back home, deactivate it. Then it will tell me how far I drove for each trip. I have service in most places I go, so that's not a big issue. Any suggestions would be great!

2. TomTomTuning macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2010
    Central PA
    Thats going to kill your battery. I've used tracking apps for cycling, such as MapMyRide and Strava.

But after a quick search I found this app:
  3. trackmydrive macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2012
    TrackMyDrive - iPhone Mileage Tracker

My name is Steve, I am the creator of

I was frustrated with a lot of the mileage trackers that were out there so I decided to create TrackMyDrive.

I have tried to make the interface as easy as possible. When starting a trip, you simply click "Start Tracking" and it will track your trip through GPS. At the end of the trip, you name it and it uploads to a

You are able to print out reports and also manually add trips as well. Here is the link for iTunes:

Let me know if you have any questions, I am glad to help.

Attached Files:

4. soch macrumors member

Apr 3, 2010
    Try Extra Mile -

It will track your miles, origin, destination and even chart your driving pattern.