Good MMO for OSX or Crossover

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by GrayApple, Apr 24, 2011.

1. GrayApple macrumors member

I want to get into an MMO soon, was planning on waiting for The Old Republic.
    That is until I learned their wasn't going to be a port, and instead of waiting and taking my chances with crossover, I decided to play another MMO.
    I've tried WOW, which is OK but I would like to know if there are any other MMOs
    However, I don't own a copy of Windows and would rather not go out and buy it, so Parallels and Bootcamp aren't an option.

2. doh123 macrumors 65816

I've been playing Champions Online using Wineskin. The Free to Play version is really nice for a freebie. If it works with Wineskin, it *should* work in Crossover as well since the tech behind the scenes are extremely similar.

3. Hibernia macrumors member

Have been playing then City of Heroes/Vilains MMO for over 6 years now on the PC.
    There is a Mac version out for it which i will be playing when i get my new Imac anytime soon now.
    It is a little long in the tooth now but for me far better than Champions which i did try for a couple of months when it lauchned. Even now it's free to play i wouldn't go back to Champions to play.

Like you i was hoping for a Mac version of Star Wars , now i'm going to have to look at bootcamp which i was trying to avoid doing.