Good monitor for MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by themacintoshman, May 9, 2009.

1. themacintoshman macrumors member

Hey everyone, I got my 13" Aluminum MacBook for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I've been looking for a good external monitor, because doing everything on a 13" screen can get pretty crowded sometimes. I really like the Apple 24" LED Display, but I don't really have $900 to spend on a monitor right now. So if you know of/own any good monitors that are reasonably priced, tell me about them below. All help is appreciated, thanks everyone! :D

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Depending on your budget, 2 great screens come to mind:

1) Dell 2209WA
    2) HP LP2475w

Good luck. :)

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I own a BenQ G2400WD. Picked one up for $300 6 months ago, and it's one of the best 24" TN panels out there.

4. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I'm using a Dell 2408WFP, it's a great monitor! I don't know about newer models that might be out, but look around, its wonderful.

5. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

+1 for HP monitors. I'm using one with my MacBook and it is a great screen, as well as being a good match for the look of the Macbook.

6. themacintoshman thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response everyone, these displays are all really nice. But there is one thing I forgot to ask: if anyone has the 24" Apple LED display, do you like it? Was it worth the money? Thanks again!:D

7. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Hi, I don't personally have an Apple display, but my dad got one of the 24"ers recently for his MBP. They are a damn fine display, everything is very crisp and the colours are nice, but I don't think they're worth the price. Unless you really, really care about colour, you could get a decent 24" monitor for literally about a quarter of the price (at least in the UK), and if you do care about the technical specifications, buy a high-end Dell for half the price.