Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themacintoshman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Butler, PA
Hey everyone, I got my 13" Aluminum MacBook for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I've been looking for a good external monitor, because doing everything on a 13" screen can get pretty crowded sometimes. I really like the Apple 24" LED Display, but I don't really have $900 to spend on a monitor right now. So if you know of/own any good monitors that are reasonably priced, tell me about them below. All help is appreciated, thanks everyone! :D

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Depending on your budget, 2 great screens come to mind:

1) Dell 2209WA
2) HP LP2475w

Good luck. :)

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I own a BenQ G2400WD. Picked one up for $300 6 months ago, and it's one of the best 24" TN panels out there.

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
I'm using a Dell 2408WFP, it's a great monitor! I don't know about newer models that might be out, but look around, its wonderful.

themacintoshman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Butler, PA
Thanks for the response everyone, these displays are all really nice. But there is one thing I forgot to ask: if anyone has the 24" Apple LED display, do you like it? Was it worth the money? Thanks again!:D

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Thanks for the response everyone, these displays are all really nice. But there is one thing I forgot to ask: if anyone has the 24" Apple LED display, do you like it? Was it worth the money? Thanks again!:D
Hi, I don't personally have an Apple display, but my dad got one of the 24"ers recently for his MBP. They are a damn fine display, everything is very crisp and the colours are nice, but I don't think they're worth the price. Unless you really, really care about colour, you could get a decent 24" monitor for literally about a quarter of the price (at least in the UK), and if you do care about the technical specifications, buy a high-end Dell for half the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.