Good monitors for nMP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aloshka, Dec 26, 2013.

1. aloshka macrumors 65816

Does anyone have good suggestions for dual-monitors for the nMP. Currently I have an iMac and TB display and I'm not sure I want to get another TB display because it's glossy and kind of outdated. If they release an iMac-like monitor that would be ideal, but not sure it will happen anytime soon.

Any ideas? The only real requirement I want is automatic ambient light sensor—my office changes light sources a lot (don't ask why) and it's annoying if it's manual brightness (especially when it's a painful OSD).

Any ideas are appreciated.

Oh and as far as sizes, I think anything bigger than 24 (24 is small, but still acceptable, keep in mind I have dual 27's right now).

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

There are lots of 2560x1440 monitors out now that compare favorably with the iMac's screen. Ambient sensors are a bit harder to find, but I recall seeing a BenQ monitor with one, and a totally adjustable screen (i.e. to vertical) for like $750. Might have been HDMI. So check around.

3. aloshka thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. Since I'm not getting the nMP until february, I'm hoping something will come out by then. If not, I'm really considering the dell 24" 4k monitor. I know it doesn't have light sensor, but maybe I can figure out a way to stabilize the office.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member