Good Mouse for Graphics/Photography

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chriscorbin, Apr 21, 2007.

1. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

Well, as much as i love my bluetooth mighty mouse,and i do. i have owned 3 and all of the scroll balls have broken within a month and the mouse is too light for me. i spend large amounts of time at my computer so i need a good mouse. i was thinking the Logitech MX Revolution, any other good heavy options out there?, maybe something even cheaper?

any suggestions welcome

P.S.
    also looking for a laptop style keyboard to go with it

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

The Revolution is a GREAT mouse. Highly recommended.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Here is a pretty recent thread with some of the more popular choices. If your workflow or work habits differ greatly from those of the OP in that thread, give us more of an idea of what you do. That way the responses will be tailored towards your needs instead just general responses. Good Luck!

4. chriscorbin thread starter macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

i am not too picky i just need a heavy mouse, comfortable, and a working scroll wheel, customizeable buttons would be a plus my budget sits around $75 US, i do alot of work in photoshop, aperture, final cut that sort of thing. and i am also looking for a new keyboard to go with it, with laptop style keys. wireless would be great

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Have you tried the Revolution out? It's a very capable mouse, especially for what you seem to need. I'd check out the Logitech line if I were you, they seem very highly rated.

6. adav macrumors member

the revolution is a great mouse for precision only as long as you use it with SteerMouse (like a OSX mouse enhancer) to get full advantage of the mouse's features.

7. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

+1 for Revolution. Seriously, I don't own it personally but I wish I did. When I used it, it fell in love. You won't regret this piece of hardware whatsoever. Just my two cents and a half.

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I recently replaced my BT MM with a logitech MX518. It's sold as a "gaming mouse," but the bottom line is that it's a 1600 dpi laser mouse with plenty of buttons. It's *great*. After years of BT mice, I went back to a cord, and I'm so happy with my choice. By far the most precise, accurate, responsive mouse I've ever used.

btw, I compared it to the VX Revolution in store, and liked this one a lot better. I don't have big hands, but the VX was too small for me, and the shape didn't feel as natural as this shape. Just my $.02.

9. chriscorbin thread starter macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

sounds like i might try that one, I wonder if in best buy there is no display model will they let me open one and try it out, i mean it is a lot of money.
    and i was wondering about this steermouse thing if i do decide to buy the Revolution it costs money I HATE PAYING FOR SOFTWARE especially if i am only going to use it a couple of times, there must be a freeware option out there
    anyone???