Good news for mac gamers

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by faragher6, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faragher6 macrumors newbie

ok so I try to play as many games on my intel x3100 graphics card and windows xp as i can. however many times i wish to go faster or see better graphics and many of us can agree. in addition there are not alot of good games for mac expecially for those who don't have the good graphics card (like myself). Good news kids! Check this website out:

http://www.onlive.com/index.html

This website is supposed to be the next biggest thing in gaming. you dont even need a good graphics card, just a good internet connection. best of all: you can run it on a mac.:D

2. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

Sounds interesting, will keep an eye on it, hopefully it will work out better than the Phantom game console.....

3. crm114 macrumors member

not trying to be pest here, but i have been running macos and xp on the same box, comparing whatever games i can find that are on both, and XP kills my mac running OSX every time. Better resolutions, less dropped frames, and just runs better when i am on-line. Now i have only been able to test a few games, but first person shooters seem to run much better in XP.

cant wait to check out the system they have, cause all those games look pretty good.

4. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Somebody (Cnet? CNN?) had a review of a similar if not this service recently. The writer demo'd playing Crysis (I think) on a Macbook Air & it ran flawlessly (via Boot Camp, but the point was hardware not software). Article's point was that Sony, Nintendo, etc. could be in trouble if gaming goes the cloud-hardware route.

5. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Its not because of the Operating System, its the graphics library that is used. More developers use DirectX and thus optimise for it. Most games on the Mac are ports or just windows games in wrappers like cider to make it run on the Mac. So its not "truly native" as it were.

6. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.