Good Non-Apple External Monitor for rMBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by boats4chris, Aug 7, 2014.

1. boats4chris macrumors newbie

Anyone have a good suggestion for 23/24 inch external monitor for a late 2013 15in rMBP? I was looking at the Dell U2414H because I like most of the features especially the thin bezel design, but there are lots of reports of poor display quality because the rMBP thinks it is a TV versus a Monitor. I have heard that there are some scripts that are supposed to force the rMBP to use RGB, but this don't seem to work in all cases. There is also a post here that this fix may not be supported in Yosemite which would be a problem if that carries forward to the release version.

So, anyone have an alternative to the Dell with similar features that include the ability to use a VESA compliant mount?

Thanks in advance!

2. Freyqq macrumors 601

I have the Dell u2412m. It's great and has an IPS screen. It also supports displayport, so you can get a displayport to mini-displayport cable and connect directly into the monitor without worrying about any adapters or compatibility issues. It's probably VESA mountable too, but you'd have to check.