Good non-freemium games

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jmausmuc, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Jmausmuc macrumors 6502

Jmausmuc

Hey,
    I would like to download some good games on my iPhone (iPhone 6 optimized) but I haven’t really been able to find ones that are good that you can just buy for a couple of $ and then play without having to pay more.
    I really really don’t like the concept of freemium games and I definitely do not want to play anything where you can buy „a box of crystals“ or „a bucket of gold“ or anything like that.

Basically fieldrunners 2 (even tho it has some in app purchased unfortunately) and Fruit ninja (now also updates with annoying in app purchases) are the only games I really like.

I also don’t like games that feel like they must be played on a console or with a controller like some of the shooter games I tried.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

2. zmunkz, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

hmm

I did not like a dark room... I know it got a lot of hype, but didn't do it for me. I am with you, freemium is the downfall of the app.

Here are some that have kept my attention:

> Plane Jumper (...ok shameless plug there, but I made it to be the ultimate toilet pass-time without costing you money each time)

> BikeRace (you can play forever without buying the bike upgrades)

> Flow Free (there are additional level packs that you can buy, but thats not quite the same -- also Connect All and Flow Free Bridges are in that same family)

> 2048 Snake

> tiny death star (this held my attention for about 2 years... i don't play anymore, but I mention it because despite being a steeply freemium app -- and one you might have avoided -- it is one you can actually keep on playing through without coughing up $)

> Blek / The Room (these were cool, but really short)