Good Note-Taking Writing Apps?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snakesayan, Apr 30, 2012.

1. snakesayan macrumors member

What is the best app to take handwritten notes with? Ima buy my iPad 3 this weekend (after selling my iPod touch for 150$), and wanna get my apps ready... I really like to take handwritten notes better than typing

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I'm currently using Noteshelf and like it a lot

3. Esoree macrumors newbie

After trying notability and Goodnotes, the best note taking app for me is Goodnotes. Although it is lacking some features such as the ability to add shapes, it is an extremely good note taking app that has been optimized for the iPad's retina display. The best feature in my opinion is the highlight tool. Instead of having a faint streak through the words you highlight, the app puts the highlight background to the text. This works on PDF files as well. There is a free version as well as a paid version so try it out yourself and see if it suits your needs when you get you new iPad.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I don't think anything beats Notability. I've tried many. I don't think anything compares.

5. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

This. Use Notability for all note-taking, both handwritten and typing every single day and I love it.

6. andrewnguyener macrumors member

THIS. Goodnotes is way more fluid and better looking. Notability is mediocre.

7. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

Notability is the best, it even let's you sync audio recordings with your notes. Reviewing your notes for class and want to know exactly what the professor was saying when you wrote that one specific sentence down? Tap the sentence and Notability will playback what was being said at that time!

8. omni macrumors 6502

Upad is the best IMO. There is a light version if you want to try it first.

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Only works with typed notes. No synch for hand written notes.

10. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I'll toss in my vote for Upad as well. I've tried notability, notes plus, and noteshelf. But Upad is the one I keep coming back to. I use it to annotate Power Point lectures for my classes and I think Upad is the best at that.