Good Notebook for iPhone & OS X Development??

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by iDisk, Jan 8, 2010.

1. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Now before you just breeze over the thread let me explain.

I had a black MacBook before they went Aluminum and shifted the line-up. To make a long story short I had to sell it, to help out family and had to revert back to my old Dell laptop, which I had won in 2005ish. I now have more enough to buy a new mac to continue programming.

Will A MacBook Air (SSD) model work? I ask because I'm going to play around with open GL now.

Or

13" MacBook Pro (Any Model) or should I go 15" 2.66 model cause of the discrete 9600? I would to go SSD to but $$ may dictate otherwise.

Here's what I'll be doing:

• Designing & Creating my Website with only. HTML CSS & JAVA SCRIPT
    • Developing some light 3D Applications
    • My languages will be C, QUARTZ, COCOA, etc..

It's going to be my primary machine for the moment. I really don't care about the "new" machines that are rumored to come during this month, I just want some advice on the right notebook to purchase.

Thanks

iDisk

:apple:

2. MrFusion macrumors 6502a

You don't care to wait 3 weeks for a potential 30% increase in speed and/or a price drop?

Anyway, I think any recent mac will be fine for programming. Maybe compiletime might be shorter on a faster mac.

3. iDisk thread starter macrumors 6502a

iDisk

I can wait, though obviously if nothing happens after Jan then I'm going to go with one of the following.

On a side note I will miss Nvidia being apart of Apples GPU in notebooks, I think that would have been an excellent partnership for developers.