Good notes app

True Tao

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Unless I missed something and not doing it correctly you can't copy and paste text from the web to apples Notes app. Is there a cheap alternative? Thanks, appreciate it

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
I was looking for the same information this afternoon. I did a lot of searching and there sure is a lot of difference of opinion on what is the best. I downloaded Evernote just because a lot of people like it and it's free but I'd like to see some current opinion of the best.

Liam8

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2009
Canada
Look up course notes. I don't know if it's what you need but i use it all the time for notes not just for school. Hope I helped

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I copy and paste from the web into Notes regularly. Not sure what you're encountering? Thumbnail of part of this thread attached:

I personally prefer SoundPaper for quick notes and recording lectures, and Notebooks for iPad for organizing everything from stories to web based research, but you CAN paste text from the web into the Notes app.

True Tao

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
IrishVixen said:
I copy and paste from the web into Notes regularly. Not sure what you're encountering? Thumbnail of part of this thread attached:

I personally prefer SoundPaper for quick noters and recording lectures, and Notebooks for iPad for organizing everything from stories to web based research, but you CAN paste text from the web into the Notes app.

LOL ....well I feel a bit foolish. Your right I just got it to work but no matter how many times I tried I just couldn't get the paste icon to come up before. Thanks for the reply