Good notes app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by True Tao, Jul 25, 2010.

1. True Tao macrumors member

Unless I missed something and not doing it correctly you can't copy and paste text from the web to apples Notes app. Is there a cheap alternative? Thanks, appreciate it

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I was looking for the same information this afternoon. I did a lot of searching and there sure is a lot of difference of opinion on what is the best. I downloaded Evernote just because a lot of people like it and it's free but I'd like to see some current opinion of the best.

3. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

Look up course notes. I don't know if it's what you need but i use it all the time for notes not just for school. Hope I helped

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I copy and paste from the web into Notes regularly. Not sure what you're encountering? Thumbnail of part of this thread attached:

[​IMG]

I personally prefer SoundPaper for quick notes and recording lectures, and Notebooks for iPad for organizing everything from stories to web based research, but you CAN paste text from the web into the Notes app.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I don't know if it's the best but I like Simplenote which I can also use to sync notes between my iPhone 4 and my iMac, as well as my iPad.

6. True Tao thread starter macrumors member

LOL ....well I feel a bit foolish. Your right I just got it to work but no matter how many times I tried I just couldn't get the paste icon to come up before. Thanks for the reply

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this is what I use, and in large part because of the syncing.