Good online retailers for electronic drum set

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by NRose8989, Jan 3, 2009.

1. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

I've been out of the music scene for a while now but I'd like to back in. I'm considering on getting electronic drum set (due to noise issues) and I'm not sure if there are any good online retailers I should consider for the best prices. I've been looking on musicians friend but not sure if they have the best prices. Any other places I should check out?

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I was wondering the same thing. I need a cheap price and reliable site.

On a budget :D

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....have you checked or searched at amazon.com? It's not the first place people think of for instruments but a lot of 3rd party resellers use amazon for their sales and it's often (not always though) a decent resource for price comparisons. I know most want everything as inexpensive as possible but when dealing with electronic stuff sometimes you ought to factor in what decent after sale support may be worth to you. Some places may have what you want at a substantial discount but if they are not an authorized seller by the manufacturer then they'll call it "grey market" and not give you any support should it break down....just something to consider....oh yeah!

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I trust Sweetwater the most, although I also shop at MusiciansFriend.com. I've ordered a lot of equipment from both, but Sweetwater has been outstanding. In fact, they have someone who will call/email you to answer any questions or concerns about their products.

Link above has their electronic drumkit offerings. Good luck.

5. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Another option is to buy a cheap acoustic kit that looks nice, pad the insides and tape the heads to mute everything down to the point where it's basically an electronic kit, buy some triggers, and a brain.

It looks nice and sounds like whatever you want it to.
    In the event you gig or something, it looks nice, or you can make it acoustic (assuming you buy extra heads).

There's some decent success stories but I don't know what your price range is, and triggers aren't horridly expensive, though you might pay a bit for a brain.

6. diddyblogger macrumors newbie

Post it on a related electric drum set forum

Sweetwater and musiciansfriend are not bad generally for all music instrument. But, do you consider to buy a new electric drum set or a used one? and what kind of electric drum set? any specific brand? If I may, I'd recommend you to buy Roland v-drum, from my experience, it is the closest electric drum set can go if you compare to acoustic drum set in terms of the feeling when you playing it. If you are interested in Roland v drum, you can go to this v-drum forum, there you can ask people if they are selling their electric drum set or you can even ask them if they know a local store that has a good price. Hopefully you can get the perfect price for it. Good luck! Anyway, If you have time, you can visit my new electric drum set blog. I usually post something that maybe interesting for you about electric drum set. lol