Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butters149

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Hi,

My class uses notes that are in PDF format during lecture. I was just wondering whats a good PDF editor app that has easy highlighting and ability to add side notes on the fly?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Hi,

My class uses notes that are in PDF format during lecture. I was just wondering whats a good PDF editor app that has easy highlighting and ability to add side notes on the fly?

Preview is your best bet. Just hit the Annotate button and fly with it. I haven't found anything better (IMO, Adobe sucks compared to Preview).

butters149

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Thanks! Are there any keyboard shortcuts for highlighting or underlining and switching back to inserting notes?

bkap16

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2009
Preview is your best bet. Just hit the Annotate button and fly with it. I haven't found anything better (IMO, Adobe sucks compared to Preview).

Adobe is a company and Preview is a program. Did you mean to say Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, because they are two very different programs? Acrobat is a bit expensive (although it's much better on a student discount) but it's a great program. It's got decent editing capabilities in a format that isn't really meant to be edited and it has the best OCR software I've seen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.