Good people who don't post a lot cannot access the Classifieds

MSFT

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
I have to admit: I'm a decent, honest person who has browsed this forum for years, eventually set up an account, and now post only every so often.

I understand that there is a 250 post requirement to access the Classifieds forum, but is there any other way for people who do not post a lot? Can I email or speak with the mods?

Of course, I would much rather transact with people on this forum than over Craigslist or eBay. Is there any solution?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Is there any solution?
We're sorry but we make no exceptions to the rule of 250 posts and 6 months time in membership for access to the Marketplace. It isn't the main focus of our site and is considered a small perk instead for established members. Reaching 250 posts isn't very difficult to do once you find a topic to participate in and by doing so it allows other members to get a feel for you when they may later potentially have a deal with you in the Marketplace.

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
Words, words.

EDIT: I've been corrected by a mod.

Posts in PRSI threads do NOT count towards your 250 posts.
PRSI don't? No wonder my post count seems low to me, I post in mainly discussions there (yes, I am deranged) ;)

Edit: Er wait... they don't count to your post count at all, or just to your 250.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Words, words.

EDIT: I've been corrected by a mod.

Posts in PRSI threads do NOT count towards your 250 posts.
PRSI don't? No wonder my post count seems low to me, I post in mainly discussions there (yes, I am deranged) ;)

Edit: Er wait... they don't count to your post count at all, or just to your 250.
They don't count at all, but good grief you'd contribute more worthy posts in a Samsung vs Apple thread.