Good Photo Duplicate Delete Program?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ipodlover77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

There are quite a few on the app store but I trust my peers at MR more than some of the reviews on the store.

I recently got an iMac and thought it would be a good time to finally start organizing my photos. After moving over the couple thousand I had, I realized that I have roughly hundreds of duplicates in my "photos" app. Can someone recommend me a safe app that will comb through and delete the dupes without breaking/corrupting my library.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I saw that yesterday during my google search? Was it able to catch all duplicates?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yeah... I was pretty impressed when we ran it on his library. He had a real mess and this seemed to catch all the dupes.

5. Doc69 macrumors 6502

I use PhotoSweeper. It has great auto-mark features such as folder priority, which is extremely important to me. It also works to find similar images and not just exact duplicates. And it has tons of preferences you can set to customize the result. The UI is great too. And it's only $10 in the App store. It also works directly on iPhoto, Aperture or Photos libraries.