Good photo organization software (Not iPhoto)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wgilles, May 13, 2008.

1. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I do a lot of photo editing. I take my pictures in RAW+Jpeg and download them to my computer. I then put the JPEGs and RAW pictures in different folders (organized by dates) and then edit RAWs in Aperture and then export the modified versions in JPEGs to a different folder. The bottom line is I have a lot of different version of similar photos all over the place. Is there any program that will help me organize all my photos? I've tried iPhoto but I do not like it, it just has all my stuff all over the place and doesn't give me much control. Can anyone make any recommendations? If you need anymore info let me know.

2. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

What's wrong with Aperture?

Why shoot RAW + JPEG if you just create JPEG versions from the RAW masters anyway? Just shoot RAW and stack the JPEG versions within Aperture.

3. wgilles thread starter macrumors 6502

wgilles

Well I don't convert every file to a JPEG. Sometimes I like to have the JPEGs available for quick sharing for family and friends. One thing I didn't think of until you brought of stacking was batch editing for Raw 2 Jpeg. I'll try out the stacking.

4. fotomike macrumors newbie