Good photo related forums

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by CrackedButter, Jan 4, 2011.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Where else can we go to discuss our love for photography? I know of photo.net, dpreview and Canon Digital forums. Any others?

2. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Instead of just virtual, I joined......a local photography group 3 months ago, "The Livingston County Photography Group".
    We meet 2nd/4th Wed of the month 7-9pm, have guest speakers, have photo challenges and bring in 3 picts on USB stick for group critique.

I wanted to get out of the home and interact with others who've been bitten by the photography passion.

Totally different than online forums, so check for your local photography club.

my 0.02 worth....

fwiw, I really like this forum, I post here and at P.O.T.N forum, yet this seems more my home forum. Very talented people here.

3. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

^^^Also great. I belong to two photo clubs, each on a different continent because I travel so much. It's a very different kind of interaction, and I really enjoy it. One of the clubs has about 100 members (I think) and meets weekly, alternating photo competitions with special programs and image critique nights. We also have field trips, an annual auction picnic, and an annual banquet. The other club is less structured and is more focused on sharing and discussion. They're both great fun.

Also recommended: a spouse who shares your passion for photography. ;)

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Amateur Photographer (UK) is a weekly photo mag that's been around since the 1900's. They have a forum that is friendly and informative.

The forums are here

(the forum software/database is a bit crap at times - though seems to be behaving itself at the moment)

5. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I love the idea about joining a local photo club, can say the thought never crossed my mind.

6. nicque macrumors regular

7. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

8. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

Nikoncafe is a great forum if you like having moderators that feel free to go in and anonymously edit your posts and where the members like calling lenses by cutesy nicknames. I bailed on that site last summer after a run-in with one of the moderators.

9. joro macrumors 68020

joro

This might be a little self-serving but some of us are in the process of getting InFocus Forums (www.infocusforums.com) back up and running ;)

10. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow