Good price for 2nd hand MA610LL - Late 2006 MBP 2,33

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lycanthrope, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Lycanthrope macrumors 6502a

Lycanthrope

Hi folks

A friend of mine is selling his MacBook Pro - it's the model from late 2006, so with Firewire, 2,33Ghz, 2GB, 256MB video etc.

I was with him when he bought it and it has hardly left his apartment so it's in mint condition.

I'm thinking to buy it myself as I have no Apple laptop right now.

I'v searched around a bit and think a fair price would be 900EUR, what do you think?

Yes, this was a 2500EUR laptop when it was new but the new unibody MacBooks base spec are surely more performant, so that's how I arrived at this price.

Would I be a fool to buy such a machine? It will be mostly used as a living room laptop for surfing and email. I'll occassionally use it for Logic Pro to do some live multi-track recording.

Cheers
    Dave

2. JonMcDonald macrumors member

You sound about right. I don't think it's dumb to buy that machine, for 900Euro (if you can get that price) it will last you another 2-4 yrs depending on how you use it.

3. Lycanthrope thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lycanthrope

Well I found a site that gives valuations of second hand Macs: http://www.mac2sell.net/

This gave a figure of 1200EUR...

We negociated and arrived at 1300EUR for the MBP and an iPhone 2G 8GB, which he's also upgrading.

I'm pretty happy with that, means I've paid about 1050EUR for the laptop.

4. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

id definetly do that for the mbp and the iphone

5. Lycanthrope thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lycanthrope

I did, just waiting for him to get through the crappy wireless migrate over wireless story :eek:

He bought the higher-spec new MBP 15", the swine, I've reserved it already for when he next upgrades :)