Good price for a Mac Pro 1,1

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Stephen Dowling, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Stephen Dowling macrumors regular

Stephen Dowling

Hey everyone, like the title says, I was wondering if you all could tell me what a good price would be for a base-model Mac Pro 1,1. I'm looking to buy one as a mid-range mac desktop since I can't afford a newer Mac Pro. Thanks in advance.

Stephen.

2. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

entry level was 2,0 GHz quad which will sell at 1000$. anything below would be quite a good deal.

3. gigapower macrumors newbie

I bought a Mac Pro 1,1 2.66 for $1000 a few months ago. I put 16GB of RAM(had it laying around at work) and a 4870 in it. Do not feel a reason to upgrade it any time soon.

4. Stephen Dowling thread starter macrumors regular

Stephen Dowling

Thanks for your replies! $1,000 sounds about right. Where is the best place to buy a used one? (I'm in the US.)

5. akadmon macrumors 68020

I think the price depends on what's included. It could be as little a 1GM RAM, a single $160GB drive with Tiger 10.4.3, Nviidia 7300GT video. So you're probably looking at another $1000 to get the machine to a decent state (8GB RAM, Radeon 4870, at least a couple of 1TB drives). I would not sell the MP in my sig for anything less than $2K.

6. Stephen Dowling thread starter macrumors regular

Stephen Dowling

I agree with you totally. I would sell the MP in your sig for less than 2k either. It's a very nice machine! Thanks for the feedback!