Good Price For A (Near) Mint-Condition iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Steve.P.JobsFan, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

I have an iPhone 4 (16GB, Black, Verizon) -- and I'm finally out of my contract.
    I'm re-upping with Verizon for an iPhone 5 next week -- when I get my upgrade. I had my iPhone 4 replaced by the Genius Bar about three weeks ago, so this iPhone is almost in mint condition. I've checked it closely under a bright light, and I see 2 minute scratches on the back, almost impossible to see in normal conditions. That's it. No other scratches, blemishes, screen scratches/damage, water damage, etc. Clean bill of health.

Considering that this is 2010 hardware (even though the CDMA model was rolled out in Feb. 2011), what's a good asking price?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Considering I can get an unlocked iPhone 4s for $350 I wouldn't expect more than $200. Is it unlocked? If not I would get it unlocked by Verizon to help the value if they do that. It would help the value. If I recall correctly they can be used on GSM if unlocked. Although I may be wrong.

If they only work on Verizon even if unlocked that would really kill the value. Since you could get a new subsidized phone for the same monthly rate.

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

if you can unlock it, you might be able to get a better price but without an unlock, u are going to be stuck selling it for 130 tops.

4. duncanapple macrumors 6502

I listed my wifes black 16gb iphone 4 (att) last night on craigslist for $220 and have been getting emails/texts all day offering $200. I have a guy buying it tonight for $220 though I will consider it sold when i have cash in hand. My brother in law sold his for $220 yesterday as well. Long story short, if you have all the cords, boxes, etc, you should easily get at least $200 if not a little more.

5. sjjordan macrumors 6502

Sold my iphone 4 for $248 on Ebay 4 days ago.

I think you've probably missed your window of opportunity. Once the iPhone 5 is out, Ebay will be flooded with iPhone 4's.

Try selling it international and definitely unlock it from AT&T.

6. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I have a 32GB in flawless condition, unfortunately I dont have the box, I'm going to unlock it and hope that I can get around 350 via eBay/craiglist

7. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

I don't know why unlocked is worth any more than maybe $25 than a locked one, since any purchaser can have it unlocked for $20-30.

For a 4S in perfect shape, as a buyer I'd go probably $250 for a 16 GB and $300 for a 32 GB. For a 4, maybe $125 for a base and $150-175 for an upgraded one.

8. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

125 for an iPhone 4? I haven't seen one go this cheap yet , that's a really low estimate, and unlocking well not a lot of people know how to go about unlocking/ on eBay someone is always willing to buy an unlocked phone with the purpose of selling it overseas, they pay you $300 lets and sell it overseas for probably 450