Good Price for Canon EOS Rebel XT

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by thomahawk, Oct 15, 2008.

1. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

Alright now im a total noob when it comes to Canons theses days. hit me up with a sony or nikon product i probably could appraise it for you

now i have a old film SLR Canon Rebel XT (now broken..) with a bunch of telescopic lenses and a few unique ones like a fish bowl one. will my old SLR lenses fit on this new DSLR camera??

anyways for 450 dollars good or no? this is from the Navy Exchange so no tax too when i buy this cuz military and stuff. yea.. im not sure. however i dont have the money yet so i need to start begging parents

canon rebel xt sale.jpg

2. anubis macrumors 6502a

I feel like used ones go for $325 tops. Just check ebay and craigslist for fair prices.

and yes, any EF or EF-S (not FD or older) lenses from your old camera will work exactly the same with digital

3. apearlman macrumors regular

Not a bad price, but not a steal either

That price seems fine, but I noticed that beach camera (beachcamera.com) has the same camera without lens for 399. If you already have some EF lenses, this might be the cheapest way into a new Canon SLR. Beach has a good rep, but other sellers might have similar deals on old stock.

For just a bit more money, you could get a new XS with an image stabilized kit lens.

And I agree with Anubis, a used one is your best bet to pay as little as possible. But keep in mind, every hour you spend shopping is an hour that you're not shooting. :)