Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbutler84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Early 2008 iMac 20 inch
2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram
250GB HDD
ATI Radeon 2400 XT 128MB
OSX 10.75 Lion

I'll be trying to sell this so to put towards a new iMac.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

kbutler84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

Thanks, I checked ebay completed listings and saw that most were selling right in line with what I was thinking. I'll throw it up on craigslist and hope for the best.

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
Thanks, I checked ebay completed listings and saw that most were selling right in line with what I was thinking. I'll throw it up on craigslist and hope for the best.

I have been trying to sell my early 2009 iMac on Craigslist, and so far 80% of the hits have been flat-out scams. The only "legitimate" offer I got was from a guy who stood me up (and wasted my Saturday afternoon) when we arranged a meeting. Then this morning we get another another offer, but the person wants us to knock off $100. My wife looked this person up on CCAP and court records show that she has a long history of writing bad checks and repossessions.

So far me experience is confirming my feeling that Craigslist is the "Mos Eisley" or the internet.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have a similar iMac with a slightly higher specs and would not expect to get more than about $300-350 for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.