Good price on Apple Care? Legit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DustinT, Jun 8, 2011.

1. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

2. DustinT thread starter macrumors 68000

DustinT

It looks like provantage is selling the same part number as the Apple store. Should be the same, right?

Attached Files:

3. DustinT thread starter macrumors 68000

DustinT

Roger.. I just found out there's a strong educational discount so I'm going that route. $239 direct from Apple is too good to pass up.

4. CorporateFelon macrumors regular

CorporateFelon

Is there a difference between the educational Store Applecare and the non educational Store AppleCare?

5. DustinT thread starter macrumors 68000

DustinT

6. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

I just purchased a MBP with education discount in the UK at my local Apple store. There was a bit of confusion over this too. In the end it was discovered that as the purchase was educational the MBP was covered by a 3 year hardware warranty automatically without the need to purchase Apple Care. The additional cost of the Apple Care at educational discount, £48, only seemed to extend telephone support to a full 3 years. At first I didn't want this as the the most important thing was the hardware warranty and this was already included.
    However as I was also purchasing a Cinema Display at the same time it was explained to me that if I did pay the £48 for MBP Apple Care I could tether the cinema display to that and the display would also be covered for 3 years for hardware defects.
    With the educational discount on both the MBP and Cinema Display and cheap Apple Care for both it seemed like a good deal and I went with that.

7. DustinT thread starter macrumors 68000

DustinT

Great deal.

Have you heard whether the EU laws change Applecare versus the US version? I thought it did but I'm not sure.

8. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

As far as I understand if you have AppleCare its a worldwide warranty and you can make a claim in whatever country you happen to be in.

9. DustinT thread starter macrumors 68000

DustinT

Oh yes, it is. But, I believe during the purchase of the warranty there are differences between the UK and the US.