Good printer / scanner for Intel MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by alexxn, May 14, 2009.

1. alexxn macrumors regular

I need to find a good scanner / printer for an Intel MAC for my COO, laser if possible but not necessary. I'm more interested in something that has scanning software or can be used by Adobe Acrobat to scan PDF's etc. Something that won't need all kinds of third party to actually use the scanner.

Any recommendations ?

2. alexxn thread starter macrumors regular

3. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer

I've been using this for a few weeks now, and I prefer it over the HP c7280 in terms of speed, looks and print quality. The software is much better as well.

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

I have the Brother MFC-9450CDN. It works well, and can scan and convert to .pdf on it's own to a USB stick. :)

If you leap quickly, it can be had for just under $500USD (includes S/H) from here. (Deal is due to a $100 instant rebate, but expires 5/31/09).

Good luck, and I hope this helps. :)

5. alexxn thread starter macrumors regular

Wait, you mean you have to scan to a USB stick ? It cant be done through acrobat or anything like that ? I need to be able to scan from the computer, not a USB stick.

We have a Xerox that does that now and he isnt happy with it.

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

You don't have to use a USB stick. I just mentioned it, as it might be convenient.

You would be fine with a full version of Acrobat and a computer. :)

BTW, what version of Acrobat are you running?

IIRC, 9.0/9.1 allows you to convert a scanned image to a .pdf, so the printer/scanner wouldn't matter. You'd only need to get an image file from it.

7. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Anyone have any experience with the Xerox M20/M20i and scanning to PDF in Snow Leopard? Does it work?