Good protective case, and bag for MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by todd2000, Jul 11, 2009.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So Im probably going to be getting a White MacBook around the end of the month, and am just looking around at accessories etc.... trying to pass the time :). Does anybody have any good suggestions for a protective cover for the MacBook, and a good bag to carry it around with? I kinda like the Speck hard covers, but wish there were more color options. Clear is kinda nice, but I would like some other choices. Are there any other options out there similar to the Speck? If you have any suggestions for a cover, and bag please let me know. Thanks!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Don't buy Speck, buy Incase. They are much better quality.

For the bag cases, some prefer Booq, some prefer Incase, some prefer ColcaSac. It really depends on what you are looking for. Do you want the hard case, sleeve and a computer bag?

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I really love the Incase Neoprene Sleeve:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR632LL/A?mco=NDY3NTI1Mg
    Decent padding, (doesn't mean you should go chucking it against walls or anything :p) and keeps it from minor dings/major scratches. Might want to invest in a bag, too. I don't have one, but I plan on buying one.

4. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

No, just a bag, and possibly some kind of hard case, or skin to keep it from getting scratched when it is out of the bag.

I have 2 friends who have the Speck hard shells and they like them, what makes Incase any better?

What's the point of a Sleeve and a bag, isn't that kind of redundant?

5. OCSpersonel macrumors regular

i have the sleeve for mine, works amazing!!!

but as far as a case goes, i think there needs to be a really protective one, i spilled water into the back of mine for example

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I got a speck case as our base PX doesn't carry the incase products... it was on the clearance rack as a return since someone didn't read the package (its for a whitebook and they probably had a uMB/MBP) so for $19 I can't complain... it fits fine and already had a scratch or two on it so now I don't have to worry about scratching it myself...

7. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Just added protection. The sleeve keeps it from scratching, and then the bag will protect it more. If the laptop moves around in the bag, it could get scratched.

8. kim6ball macrumors member

Zagg invisible shield it's a protective skin you put on the exterior of your computer or just about any other electronic device. . I heard they're pretty good from reviews. They advertise on this site as well.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The Speck is notorious for both scratching the computer and shattering. Incase makes a significantly better product and has a phenomenal customer support system, as opposed to Speck's which is non-existent.

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The Incase hardshell will allow dust and other garbage to get between the MacBook and the case, scratching your Mac to hell. You're best just using it without any protective case. I used to have the Incase hardshell on mine and it was damaged by the plastic.

Every once in a while I'll put the hardshell back on and try it out again but I always take it off now. A plain MacBook is always nice.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Mine is doing fine. The Speck is notoriously worse. But it's still better then no case at all.

12. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I've gone with no case in an Incase sleeve the last few months and I've had no additional scratches compared to the gouges that the Incase hardshell left.

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Hmm... mine is fine. Do you place your MacBook Pro ontop of the neoprene case when using it?