Good protector for back of iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LMD75, Nov 5, 2011.

1. LMD75 macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2010
    I babied my iPhone 4 with an Incipio NGP and screen protector and this time around for the 4S, I am not going to bother with a case as it ruined the metal band. However I want to be able to place it on surfaces without scratching up the back of the glass.

Can anyone recommend a good rear protector that I can buy without having to buy the whole kit? This time around I don't want a screen protector either.

Does the matt finish version hide the scratches better than the crystal clear versions?
  2. zelaya macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2010
    For the back I've power support and it does wonders. I don't know if you will find matte finish for the back. Having the phone without a case is a big risk no matter how good you babie the iPhone. There were days I didn't use no case and kept it inside my suit jacket and sometimes I forget I had on my lap while driving and the moment I leave the car I've drop the phone. Luckily I drop it inside the car.
  3. keithsweatshirt macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2011
    I'm using The Lucky Labs' Teksure skin. It's a brushed metal back and just sticks on and peels off. Pretty nice too.
  4. vaugha macrumors regular

Nov 3, 2011
    ^ Nice. I like their prices, more competitively priced than others that I've seen. I might grab one. :apple:
  5. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Durham, NC
    I'm a fan of the iCarbons skins from You can buy the back only, back and front only, or the back/front/sides. I chose back only which was very reasonably priced at $12.95. There's a coupon in the List of Coupon Codes threads, too. They're currently showing black carbon fiber as unavailable, but white is available. You can even get the apple logo in a contrasting color (i.e.: white skin with cutout and a black logo for filling in, or vice versa.)
  6. zpbmw macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2011
    LI, NY

I'm currently using the iCarbons white carbon fiber back+side skin on my 4S. Not only does it look amazing but it doesn't scratch up easily like a normal screen protector would. They use high quality 3M di-noc material which is made to last.

When I first placed my order they accidentally sent me a side skin made for the regular iPhone4, I contacted them and not only did they send me a skin sized for the 4S but they also sent me an extra back piece and contrasting apple logo at no additional cost.

Great customer service and quick delivery. I highly recommend iCarbons. :)
  7. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2010
    I use phantom skinz on my white 4S. I got the clear and love it. I had the matte on my black iPhone 4 and loved that as well.
  8. azm macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2011
    using bestskinsever total body skin (only $12 shipped)