Good quality Mpeg needed from IshowU

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Dal123, May 17, 2010.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I have architect drawings with a client that there are some issues with, I want to be able to show the client exactly what I'm talking about whilst speaking and using http://www.shinywhitebox.com/home/home.html records the screen on my computer as it's seen.
    The .mov file it creates is excellent with crystal clarity. However when I export it as Mpeg4 it goes terrible. What settings should I use, I've tried ten different settings, can windows receive .mov files?:confused:

2. powerhouse7 macrumors regular

Try using Handbrake to encode the .mov file into a more suitable format.

Windows can watch .mov files with Quicktime installed (and maybe with newer versions natively, idk)

3. powerhouse7 macrumors regular

Yep, I just tested it now. Use iShowU as you already have so it exports a .mov file. Then use Handbrake to encode into .MP4 with constant quality at 100% and you'll get perfect results.

Handbrake is a free program: http://handbrake.fr/

Good Luck!

4. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thank-you very much power house:D:)
    Unfortunately I'm using an old Powerbook G4 with a PC processor and handbrake doesn't seem to work, despite downloading the one specifically for PC processor, also tried oldmacapps and their one listed but no joy.

5. powerhouse7 macrumors regular

You could install the Windows version if you have another computer lying around. Otherwise, I'm sure there are alternatives to Handbrake. Google .mov to .mp4 or something similiar. Would VLC convert it?

But yeah, I've found Quicktime isn't at all good a encoding lossless.

6. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks for your help powerhouse, I got an old one to work but it's very old and won't accept .mov files. I should be able to sort something out :) thanks again:)

7. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123