Good RAM for my Mid-2010 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RolandNights, Aug 30, 2011.

1. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, can someone point me in the direction of compatible and reliable RAM for my mid-2010 MBP? There's a bunch of brands and specs, I easily get lost in the jargon of it all. Thanks for any help.

2. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's the difference between that and this one? Like I said, I easily get lost in it all. I just know the second one is cheaper. :confused:

3. MrJolly macrumors member

MrJolly

1066 is what Apple recommend however some people have had luck with the 1333. 1333 is more common hence the lower price.

4. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is this set comparable then? It has more reviews (and more positive overall), and plenty of Mac users. Thanks for the help already, guys.

5. DWBurke811, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Yep, that'll work too. I went with the Corsair because it's $35 shipped and it's a cool looking blue color.

Both the Corsair and G Skill use Hynix chips, so I'm assuming they're almost identical in performance.

Fastest possible SSD I can get, and now 8GB of RAM on the way. She's gonna be a beast and a half :D

6. RolandNights thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool, much appreciated for the input! I went ahead with the Corsair since it was cheaper. My MBP has only 4 GBs RAM, so maxing it to 8GB would be a pleasant boost for my multi-tasking!