good reason to dump mba 13?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macneubie, Oct 23, 2012.

1. macneubie macrumors regular

2. yanksrock100 macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

Good reason for Apple to dump the 13 MBA? No. The MBA perfectly suits casual needs.

Good reason for you to dump the MBA? Depends if you really want that retina screen or not. If the screen isn't a huge deal, the MBA is still a fine choice, and is a better value in general.

3. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

NO it does not make any sense. They are designed to fit two different segments of the market.
    Air = Ultraportable and good specs/$ ratio
    rMBP 13" = rip off for trendy wannabees
    Just a Retina display isn't the computing solution to everything and for everybody.
    I personally like the Air and would go for a maxed 13" if I needed portability and performance. Retina display? no thanks for now, we all survived without so far and now it seems that if you don't have it you're using clay tablets like the Sumerians...

4. drambuie macrumors 6502a

In portability, the 13" rMBP is close to the 13" MBA. The rMBP is slightly smaller in length and width, slightly thicker, and only 300 grams heavier. But, it doesn't have the MBA wedge shape.

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I initially preferred the box-shape of the MBP, then for whatever reason got an Air instead, and NOW an loving the extra thinness (carries like a tablet), and the extra lightness. It just feels like a tablet except with a real keyboard. Spoiled. I would have to carry the 13" rMBP for a couple of days to decide now.

6. scottrichardson macrumors 6502

Is it wrong to want the new 13" retina purely to be able to run it in 1:1 native 2560 x 1600 resolution - yes, I mean using a res switcher and setting everything to tiny.

About to hit the order button on the i7 model with 8GB RAM :D

7. shznit macrumors member

I've had the 2010, 2011, and now 2012 13" MBA and the only reason I would want something better is the TN screen and to get a higher resolution.